Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Produces gorgeous glossy cookies. A Real Simple recipe by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez, published online December 2011.
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, cream, and cocoa; boil 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat, add peanut butter and vanilla, and stir until smooth. Stir in oats and peanuts.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter onto wax paper–lined baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart, and let cool until set, about 20 minutes.
- Storage suggestion: Keep the cookies at room temperature, between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.