Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great recipe for summer party. Make ahead in a 13 x 9 cake pan and chill. Can also substitute Splenda and sugar free Cool Whip and pudding mix. I use a little less when substituting Splenda for sugar. I have also made this recipe gluten free/dairy free for my family, and it is still quite delicious! Substitute gluten free/dairy free graham crackers in the crust and vegan soy based cream cheese, butter and cool whip, and make my homemade chocolate pudding with almond milk.
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 15 reese's miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or 1 cup miniature M&M baking bits
- Mix all crust ingredients well and press into bottom of 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter together and add confectioners sugar.
- Fold in 8 oz. Cool Whip and chopped Reese Cups.
- Spread on top of crust.
- Mix instant pudding with 1 cup of milk. When set, fold in 8 oz. Cool Whip.
- Spread on top of peanut butter filling.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top and chill for about 2 hours.
I made this for company this weekend and It went over really great. In a bid to use up some Oreo Bar wafers I used oreos crumbs for the base (and skipped the cocoa) and added 1 Tbsp of peanut butter to the melted butter. Becauce this is something I would like to make at the cottage, I used dream whip instead of coolwhip (dream whip keeps forever and I always have a package on hand up there). Definetely going in the cottage cookbook.
oh my goodness, DELICIOUS!!! I can't eat dairy, so I use soy cream cheese, soy milk and whipped topping, instead of sugar, I used honey and instead of vanilla wafers, I used grahm crackers, but this recipe is so unbelievably good, it's literally out of this world!! and I used a banana with the peanut butter mixture and added cream cheese to the chocolate part too (that really didn't make a difference). and its' soo easy to make, no baking!! yeah!!!!
Delicious, and so easy to throw together! Like the previous reviewer, I opted for a chocolate cookie crust (I used a package of Hydrox cookies that I had on hand, and omitted the sugar and cocoa). Since I made this a couple of days ahead of time, I tossed this in the freezer after assembly. Although it probably would have tasted equally good frozen, it was going to work with me and pretty much thawed on the 40 minute car ride. The only issue I had was merely a cosmetic one: I think that the moisture buildup on the foil covering caused the mini M&M's colors to run when the dessert thawed, which made it look kind of ugly. Next time, I'll be sure to use the mini chips instead. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 08