Recipe by BeansnRice
My family loves these and they're easy to make. This recipe is from Weeknight Cooking Made Easy.
Top Review by rcgossett
Very NUMMY, and easy to make!! I only had cornflakes cereal, and I did not have chocolate chips or butterscotch chips. So I made the basic recipe with the cornflakes and adjusted the topping to be about 1/2 cup of left over vanilla frosting melted with 1/2 cup of peanut butter for a super peanutty flavor. I will definately be making these again!! Thank for a great recipe!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter (or crunchy)
- 6 cups Special K cereal (or crisp rice cereal)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy pan (or Dutch oven), over medium heat, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil.
- Cook while continuously stirring for 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until combined.
- Add cereal and mix well.
- Press the mixture into an ungreased 13" X 9" X 2" pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave until smooth.
- Spread over the cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate until set and cut into bars.