Recipe by Juenessa
This recipe comes from my good friend Beth, in Kanasas City. I have not made them yet, but she is a wonderful cook and says these bars are delicious!
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this recipe at tollhouse.com. I absolutely loved the flavor of the graham crackers with the peanut butter. I could have left the chocolate out and been completely happy. This recipe is a keeper, and I'd make them again. Thanks for posting Juenessa!
- 2 cups peanut butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Beat 1 ¼ cups peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar.
- With hands or wooden spoon, work in remaining powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and ½ cup morsels.
- Press evenly into prepared baking pan. Smooth top with spatula.
- Melt remaining peanut butter and remaining morsels in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over lowest possible heat, stirring constantly until smooth. (OR melt in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted.)
- Spread over graham cracker crust in pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.