Recipe by internetnut
This is that old standard, no-bake cookie recipe that’s been around for a 100-some years – too yummy to pass up, full of complex whole-grains, but with a big scoop of protein powder to squash the guilt a bit! Adding some chopped nuts, or unsweetened coconut…even a bit of wheat germ or flax seeds would be great. These are good right away, but the oatmeal becomes less “raw” tasting after they sit for awhile. I found this recipe on Eating Well, Living Thin. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by hrtgoeson
I had a lap-band put in in April last year and have always had a hard time looking for lower carb/lower fat dessert. These fit the bill! I used a scoop of chocolate protein powder and 1/2 a scoop of vanilla because i only had 1 individual serving packet of chocolate but let me tell you it was still great! I imagine they would be even better with all chocolate
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (I've used all Splenda, but usually 1/4 cup Whey Low powdered and 3/4 cup Splenda)
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk (regular milk is fine, but stats are with almond or soy) or 1⁄3 cup soymilk (regular milk is fine, but stats are with almond or soy)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 scoops chocolate protein powder (mocha or coffee)
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the Splenda, milk, butter, cocoa powder, and salt. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter, protein powder, and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in oats.
- Gently roll (without packing tightly) into golf-ball sizes and drop onto waxed paper. (Or plop down without rolling for a more ‘haystack’ look.) Allow to set up for 15 minutes. Coat with additional cocoa powder, Whey Low Powdered, finely chopped nuts (almond flour works great for this) or leave plain. Store in an airtight container.
- With Agave: 2 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup Agave nectar (spray the measuring cup with PAM for a quick release!), 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, Pinch of salt, 1/4 cup peanut butter,1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 scoops chocolate protein powder, 2 cups quick oats.
- In a medium saucepan bring the butter, agave, almond milk, cocoa powder, and salt to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and whisk in the peanut butter, vanilla, and protein powder. Stir in the oats. Allow to rest for 5 minutes to become less sticky. Roll into balls, or drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Makes 16 protein cookies.