Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Another variation on the oatmeal based "no bake" cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put milk, sugar, margarine, peanut butter and cocoa into a large saucepan; stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in oats, nuts and vanilla and mix well.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and let cool.
I am in love with these. Whenever I make these, before I get to the table, they're all long gone in the bellies of the others;) These cookies are really yummy:)
I made these tonight and I think I got something wrong. They were soooo sweet, basically too sweet. This may be because I realized I was down to about only a couple cups of oats, so I used a cup of vanilla almond granola from wild oats market to make up the difference, then left out the vanilla flavoring since the granola was already flavored. I did like the extra crunchy texture the granola, so I may use granola in this recipe from now on, and just cut back on the sugar.
These are great cookies and so easy. I had a jar of not so tasty off brand, reduced fat peanut butter that I couldn't bring myself to throw out. I put it to good use in this cookie recipe. I didn't realize until too late that I only had 1-1/4 cups of oats. I had to think fast and crushed saltine crackers to make up for the lack of oats. I used walnuts and these turned out terrific despite everything. Thanks for posting such a great recipe. :)lynn