Easy to make classic no bake recipe. Comes from grouprecipes.com.
Make and share this No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten Free) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Bring to boil and cook for 90 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter; dissolve.
- Add 3 cups quick cooking oats.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Cool for 30 minutes or until set.
- NOTE: Some recipes omit the cocoa.
Just a quick note- There is currently debate over oats being gluten free. In Australia the Coeliac Society are not recommending oats as part of a gluten free diet. They are however, wheat free. Your recipe looks like a good one!
I added coconut and walnuts to the recipe and it turned out great. Very sweat cookie.
I should have also mentioned, I have not found gluten-free quick cooking oats. Maybe they are out there. Also, recipe should mention peanut butter in title.