Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make classic no bake recipe. Comes from grouprecipes.com.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml cocoa
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 709.77 ml quick-cooking oats
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Bring to boil and cook for 90 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter; dissolve.
- Add 3 cups quick cooking oats.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Cool for 30 minutes or until set.
- NOTE: Some recipes omit the cocoa.
I too have heard about the oats debate. They supposedly have gluten in them because they are so closely grown to wheat. There are places online to get gluten-free oats. This recipe is a favorite from my childhood. My mother made these often. Thay are so easy to make, yet so hard to stop eating!
Just a quick note- There is currently debate over oats being gluten free. In Australia the Coeliac Society are not recommending oats as part of a gluten free diet. They are however, wheat free. Your recipe looks like a good one!
I added coconut and walnuts to the recipe and it turned out great. Very sweat cookie.