Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These simply melt in you mouth, and are so very easy to make!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans work well)
- 2 cups oatmeal
- Measure out nuts and oatmeal in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a saucepan and gently bring to a boil.
- Boil mixture for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Pour hot mixture over nuts and oatmeal and mix well.
- Drop onto waxed or parchment paper.
- I made about 2 inch cookies, but feel free to make them smaller.
- Press together to flatten a bit, and to prevent them from falling apart.
- Cookies will harden slightly in about 5 to 10 minutes, and they'll be ready to enjoy!
These are really good. I looked over a few of these similar recipes, and decided that this one seemed the easiest. Glad I did! So far, they have been sitting for about 7 minutes, had to take a taste and they are delicious. Still warm, I couldn't resist. :P I used about 4 Tbsp's of cocoa, as I love a dark chocolatey flavour, I also didn't use nuts, but did toss in a couple handfuls of coconut. These are very very rich.
Fabulous! I substituted Splenda for the sugar and low fat spread for the butter and they turned out great! I also halved the recipe since there are only two of us...and one of us (namely me) has been known to eat cookies until they are gone! I will absolutely make this recipe again and again.
Fantastic!!! These have been my favorite type of cookie since I was a kid and this tastes just like it should. Thank you!!