Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oatmeal and chocolate, need I say more. Fast, simple recipe that kids love. I like to use a cookie scoop to put them on a pan. You can add peanut butter for an extra yummy flavor. Or add nuts, I never had just a preference.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Mix the first 5 ingredients and place on low heat.
- When it reaches a boiling point, boil for 1 minute only, stir continually.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Stir in the oatmeal and the nuts and drop onto waxed or parchment paper.
- Cool in refrigerator for quick hardening.
My grandmother made these for me and I made them for my children and now making them for my grandchildren. We know them by the name " cow patties" . This recipe is a favorite with my family. Yes you are right you can add peanutbutter and/or nuts, these cookies are great.