Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Nestle's Very Best Baking website. Putting it here for safekeeping. I changed it to use less cream cheese and a bit more chocolate. With creamy chocolate mint filling on a chocolate crumb crust and decadent ganache on top, this pie is addictive!
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crusts
- 1 (10 ounce) package Nestle Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels, divided
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 0.5 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- SET aside 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate and Mint morsels for ganache topping. From remaining morsels, sort out 1 tablespoon mint morsels and place in small, heavy-duty plastic bag for drizzle; set aside.
- COMBINE remaining Dark Chocolate and Mint morsels AND the semi-sweet chips in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl. MELT on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15- second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool slightly.
- BEAT cream cheese, pudding mix, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in medium mixing bowl until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons cream, the milk, and vanilla extract and mix well. Add melted chocolate; continue beating for 1 minute. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Spoon into crust and smooth top.
- MICROWAVE remaining 2 tablespoons cream in 1-cup glass measure on HIGH (100% power) for 20 seconds or until boiling. Add reserved 1/2 cup morsels to cream; let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Spread ganache over cheesecake to within 1/4-inch of edge.
- MICROWAVE reserved mint morsels in bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 20 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag. Drizzle over top of ganache. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.