Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These were another winner from the "Search For The Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie" Recipe Contest by Quaker, and I found this recipe online. I made them last night, along with the other oatmeal cookies I've posted, and loved them! They're no bake and use Nutella (or another similar spread; I used Nutella), which I love! The recipe was formulated by Patricia Garvin. (Cooking time is really cooling time)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup blue bonnet 65% extra-light vegetable oil spread
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line 3 cookie sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, spread and milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Continue boiling 1 minute without stirring. Remove pan from heat.
- Immediately add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Working quickly, drop mixture by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Transfer to airtight containers, separating layers with waxed paper.
- Store in refrigerator and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until serving.