Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I modified this from No Bake Chocolate Haystack Cookies, because I wanted a lower-sugar cookie. My target was to try to get one cookie = 15g carbs, which is one dietary carb for those who are counting. Cooking (passive) time = cooling time. Chef#163441 deserves the credit for posting an awesome, yummy and easy cookie recipe!
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, cocoa and salt.
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- When it has reached a rolling boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in vanilla, oats, coconut and walnuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Work quickly!
- Let cool completely -- refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to completely set up.