Susiecat too's Note:
I modified this from No Bake Chocolate Haystack Cookies, because I wanted a lower-sugar cookie. My target was to try to get one cookie = 15g carbs, which is one dietary carb for those who are counting. Cooking (passive) time = cooling time. Chef#163441 deserves the credit for posting an awesome, yummy and easy cookie recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, cocoa and salt.
- 2Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 3When it has reached a rolling boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove pan from heat and mix in vanilla, oats, coconut and walnuts.
- 5Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper or silicone baking sheet.
- 6Work quickly!
- 7Let cool completely -- refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to completely set up.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Bake Chocolate Haystack Cookies -- Lower Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g