Recipe by Shawnee TX
So good and easy to make! My siblings and I made huge batches of these cookies Sunday afternoons, and they were usually gone by Tuesday! The time for boiling the mixture is listed at 5 minutes, but if you cook it a little less, the cookies are chewier.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml cocoa
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, cocoa (I tend to go a little heavy on the cocoa) and salt.
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- When it has reached a rolling boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in vanilla, oats and coconut.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Work quickly!
- Let cool.
- Alternate/optional additions, add any one with coconut: 1/2-3/4 cup mini marshmallows or 1/2 cup walnuts.