Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from the Woman's Day website!! Fast & easy to make - perfect for a spring/summer party or Easter. Perfect for a kids school party and a wonderful recipe for your kids to help you with!! TIP: The nests can be made up to 3 days before serving. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Makes 12-18 depending on the size you make them.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces thin chow mein noodles
- assorted jelly beans or egg-shaped decorative candies
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Scrape condensed milk into a medium saucepan or microwave-safe bowl; add chocolate chips.
- Place over low heat and stir often, or microwave on high 2 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until chips melt and mixture is blended and smooth.
- Put noodles into a large bowl, pour on chocolate mixture and toss with a rubber spatula until noodles are coated.
- Drop generous 1/4 - 1/2 cupfulls on prepared baking sheets.
- Lightly spray fingertips with nonstick spray.
- Form mounds into nests making a depression in the center & fill with candies.
- Let nests cool to set.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These are so great as cookies, that I knew the kids would really like these! I was right, they ate them like little piggies! This is an Easter time treat for us that will be made again!
This recipe is great very child friendly even though my baby is still too young to help out too much.. she just wants to put her hands in everything then in her mouth haha. I made this on easter sunday and took no time to make. Make sure you use good quality chocolate. Keep the spray oil on hand as I found after moulding each nest I woulod need more on my hands and Place in the refrigerator when done otherwise they are soft and are'nt nearly as great! TY Mum2Rose
So easy to make! I topped mine with mini gourmet jelly beans and they went over very well with the kids doing an Easter Egg Hunt at my house!