Recipe by Mom2Rose
This recipe is from the Woman's Day website!! Fast & easy to make - perfect for a spring/summer party or Easter. Perfect for a kids school party and a wonderful recipe for your kids to help you with!! TIP: The nests can be made up to 3 days before serving. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Makes 12-18 depending on the size you make them.
Top Review by Amanda's Pantry!
These are so great as cookies, that I knew the kids would really like these! I was right, they ate them like little piggies! This is an Easter time treat for us that will be made again!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces thin chow mein noodles
- assorted jelly beans or egg-shaped decorative candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Scrape condensed milk into a medium saucepan or microwave-safe bowl; add chocolate chips.
- Place over low heat and stir often, or microwave on high 2 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until chips melt and mixture is blended and smooth.
- Put noodles into a large bowl, pour on chocolate mixture and toss with a rubber spatula until noodles are coated.
- Drop generous 1/4 - 1/2 cupfulls on prepared baking sheets.
- Lightly spray fingertips with nonstick spray.
- Form mounds into nests making a depression in the center & fill with candies.
- Let nests cool to set.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.