Recipe by Faeanne
This is a recipe I haven't tried yet. (In an effort to save room & get my larce collection of recipes under control I'm posting them here.) This sounds like a great idea- one of my favorite cookies, No Bakes, turned into a pie form!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 9 inches baked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine the sugar, butter, cocoa powder and milk. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; boil gently 1-2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, coconut, chopped pecans and vanilla until well mixed. Pour into pastry shell. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- To serve, remove from refirgerator and let stand 20 minutes. If desired, garnish with pecan halves and fresth strawberries.