Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These delicate easy-to-make sweets are a fuss-free way to please chocolate lovers. This recipe was submitted by a reader, to Australian Good Taste magazine April 07 issue.
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 2 cups caster sugar (superfine)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 125 g white chocolate chips
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar, water and cocoa powder in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for one minute.
- Remove from heat & stir in the coconut and the peanut butter.
- Drop tablespoon sized blobs of the mixture onto the lined trays and put the trays in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Place the white chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water).
- Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Dip a fork into the melted chocolate and drizzle over the delights.