Recipe by SouthernBell2627
Easy and quick pie recipe. It may be simple, but the taste is awesome! This recipe is from "Family Circle", Woman's Day", or "Woman's World" magazine, 2005.
Top Review by CheapThrills
Sorry, but this didn't do it for us. The recipe is not easy to understand. The unflavored gelatin diluted the chocolate flavor, so I don't understand why the extra milk is necessary. It did not set up well (even with the gelatin), so I froze it, but it didn't thaw well. The filling did not all fit into the pie, so I had extra for dessert cups, which were loose, but good fresh.
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping
- 1 (6 ounce) package reduced fat graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- At medium speed beat 2 ¼ cups milk, pudding mix and vanilla until thick. Let stand 5 minutes.
- At high speed beat until smooth and shiny. Pour remaining milk into bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Microwave on HIGH in 10-second intervals, stirring often, until dissolved.
- At low speed beat gelatin mixture into pudding.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping; spoon into crust.
- Spread with remaining topping; refrigerate 4 hours.