Recipe by momma213
This is my husbands recipe they taste almost like a chocolate covered cherry, really good and they don't last long so make a double batch.
Top Review by Connie Lea
No bake chocolate oatmeal cookies are one of my favorite, but adding the cherries sends it over the top. We loved these. My DH also loves chocolate covered cherries, but got so he didn't care too much for the ones you buy now days. He loved these. Thanks for an awesome recipe. I did use 1 cup Splenda and 1 cup sugar to cut down on the sugar a little.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, DRAINED AND CHOPPED
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together in large saucepan: Sugar, Milk, Butter and Cocoa.
- Heat on high until boiling. Hard boil exactly one (1) minute.
- Remove from heat and in the same saucepan add peanut butter, MIX TILL DISSOLVED, ADD CHERRIES THEN VANILLA AND OATS.
- Do not let cool off. Spoon immediately onto wax paper and let cool.
- Eat and enjoy!