Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
Got this from Land 0 Lakes site. My kind of food.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered cocoa mix
- Combine oats, nuts and coconut in large bowl.
- Set aside Combine sugar, milk butter and cocoa mix in medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat stir occasionally, til it comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in oat mix.
- Quickly drop mix.
- by t.
- onto wax paper.
- While still warm, roll in addiontal coconut, if desired.
- Cool completly, cover and refrigerate.
This couldn't be easier to make! I didn't have powdered cocoa mix so I used 2 tablespoons of regular cocoa .. I also added some vanilla .. Thanks!
I made this for dessert tonight and it was a wonderful yummy treat. I used 1 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats, 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter, 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence, in addition to the other ingredients and reduced the quantity of cocoa powder to just 1 1/2 tbsps. These vanished very quickly and I was glad they did! I'll be making more of these little delights! Thanks a bunch for posting!