Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are my husband's favorite cookies. My Mom taught me to make them. They were her favorite too.
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and drop by teaspoon onto wax paper.
- Let cool.
- Note: After I have let them cool, I put them in the fridge.
- They seem to harden better, plus they taste good that way.
Eight years ago this recipe got lost when we moved. I am so glad to find it posted here. My grown kids were thrilled that mom made "those" chocolate squares again. You see, I don't do the drop method; instead I pour the hot mixture in an 8"x8" pan and let it cool in the refrigerator. Later, it gets cut into small squares. Just seems much easier when you are short on time. Great flavor, almost like a chewy little piece of fudge. Thanks!
These were so good. I was out of milk so I used a can of evaporated milk and it seemed to make them creamier.
Wonderful, easy dessert! Im 13 years old and make it all the time for my bother and sister, its a hit every time. This recipe is great for rainy days.