Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are my husband's favorite cookies. My Mom taught me to make them. They were her favorite too.
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and drop by teaspoon onto wax paper.
- Let cool.
- Note: After I have let them cool, I put them in the fridge.
- They seem to harden better, plus they taste good that way.
Wonderful, easy dessert! Im 13 years old and make it all the time for my bother and sister, its a hit every time. This recipe is great for rainy days.
We made a double batch exactly as written and it came out perfectly. Great recipe! Thank you for posting.
These were very easy to whip up. They would be a great addition to a last minute holiday cookie tray. After you have made them and they are cooling you have time to get ready yourself before the party starts. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game 2010