Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This dessert is as easy as it gets yet the finished product tastes & looks as if you spent hours in the kitchen! It never fails to get rave reviews & it's just so simple & quick to make!
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 packets Dream Whip (or Cool Whip)
- 1 lb chocolate chip cookie
- chocolate shavings
- Combine kahlua & milk.
- Prepare Dream Whip according to directions on package. (For real decadence you can substitute an equal amount of whipped cream).
- Using a springform pan, 1 at a time quickly dunk chocolate chip cookie into kahlua & milk & line springform all around perimeter with dipped cookies, then line bottom of springform with dipped cookies, filling in gaps on bottom as much as possible with broken dipped cookies.
- Layer whipped cream on top of cookies, cover whipped cream with another layer of kahula & milk cookies, then more cream, another layer of cookies & final layer of cream.
- Allow 6 hours to set up & shave chocolate over torte before serving.
this was wonderful.great for our anniversary. loved it.
You're right about the rave reviews! I've made this 3 times now... twice in a springform pan and once just in a glass casserole. Made once for kids and substituted plain old chocolate milk for the kahlua/milk combination. Turns out perfect every time! Next time I think I'll drizzle carmel syrup over the cookie layers before topping with cool whip!
I have made this recipe for years while the kids were growing up for the PTA thing or bring a dessert thing. I used whipping cream instead of dream whip with a little vanilla and icing sugar, and added marichino cherries with chocolate curls on top...A very pretty presentation.