Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is out of Easy Weeknight Favorites from Southern Living. While good, this could be easily changed to suit individual preferences, which I've listed at the end of the directions.
- 15 ounces chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup milk
- 9 ounces graham cracker pie crust (extra serving size)
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Dip 8 cookies in milk, and place in a single layer in the graham cracker crust. Top with 1/3 of the whipped topping.
- Dip 8 more cookies in milk and place over whipped topping, or enough to fill in empty spaces. Spread with 1/3 of whipped topping.
- Repeat layers with 8 more cookies dipped in milk, and remaining whipped topping.
- Coarsely crumble 2 chocolate chip cookies, and sprinkle over pie.
- Cover and chill 8 hours before serving.
- Note: I used Nabisco Chunky Chips Ahoy for the cookies. This would be really good using a mixture of instant pudding/milk/whipped topping as the layer between the cookies. A proportion of 1 cup milk, a 4-serving size box of vanilla instant pudding, and 2/3 of the 8 ounce whipped topping should be sufficient; then use the remaining 1/3 whipped topping for the top of the pie.
Amazing! Really easy! Unless you make your own crust which adds considerable time, so follow recipe and buy a premade graham cracker crust. Love this!
Made the pudding version of this for a family gathering and everyone loved it from the oldest to the youngest. So easy to make. The package of Chunky Chips Ahoy only had 23 cookies so could not have any to sprinkle on top. I sprinkled some minature chocolate chips on top and it turned out well. Will make again and may try chocolate pudding next time. My family are all crazy about chocolate. Yummy