Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from the box of Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars. I haven't had a chance to make this yet, but I do plan to eventually. I wanted to put it here for safekeeping. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, Nestle Toll House, melted and cooled
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 inch) chocolate crumb crusts, prepared, 6 ounce
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl on high speed for 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into crust; refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Top with whipped cream.
So easy,so yummy. I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and a splash of strong coffee and only brown sugar. In whipped it a bit longer than suggested and it was so light and setup beautifully. A great quick recipe with impressive results. Thank you.
Loved this simple dessert! I used Ghiradelli semisweet instead of the Nestle. The group I served it to were so surprised at how light and creamy it was. Thanks for the great recipe!
My neighbour was really hankering for cheesecake but she didn't want something too difficult. We set about making this and it turned out perfect. Instead of a chocolate crust we had a graham cracker one. Cut down the chocolate because she wanted to make sure she could taste the cheese so I believe we used 6 ounces. Everyone loved it. I even had a small bite and while I do not like cheesecake I have to say this was very nice. I probably would have loved it with the 8 ounces of chocolate to hide the cheese taste. We meant to take a picture but had already ate our pieces before we realized we had not taken a picture!