Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick and easy chocolate cake recipe comes from my days at summer camp where I worked as an assistant cook between grade 11 and 12. The head cook's name was Bunny, and she had some amazing recipes which she graciously shared. Myself and my co-worker, my best friend Barb, were supposed to make all the snacks for the campers each day. This was one of our favourites to make.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 12 graham wafers, double
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- Put graham wafers in a bag and crush with a rolling pin until fine.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add sugar, cocoa and beaten egg. Stir and boil for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, nuts and wafer crumbs.
- Press into an 8 x 8 greased pan.
- Optional: cover with your favourite icing.