1/1 Photo of No-Bake Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake
4 hrs 30 mins
J. Ko's Note:
My mother gave me this recipe several years ago and I have made it many times to rave reviews. I have no idea where she got the recipe; perhaps from an Amaretto pamphlet. It has a wonderful smooth, creamy texture and is very rich and decadent; certainly not for those who are watching their waistlines. Worth every sinful bite! I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 amaretti di saronno cookies (I can't remember exactly what they are called, but they are chocolate-dipped rolled waffle cookies)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 envelope of Knox unflavoured gelatin. If using sheet gelatin, use appropriate quantity to set 2 c)
- 1/2 cup Amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate or 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1If you cannot find the waffle cookies already pre-dipped in chocolate, then melt 2 squares of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate with 2 T of butter. Pour the chocolate mixture into a tall thin glass and dip the rolled waffle cookies in the chocolate. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Chill until set.
- 2Beat the cream cheese and brown sugar together until smooth.
- 3Sprinkle the gelatin over the Amaretto, in a small saucepan, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir over low heat until the gelatine dissolves.
- 4Blend the warm gelatin into the cheese mixture.
- 5Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the gelatin and cheese mixture. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture.
- 6Melt the 6 squares of chocolate and let cool. Fold the chocolate into the remaining cheese mixture. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture.
- 7Use small dabs of the chocolate cheese mixture to aid in standing the prepared waffle cookies, dipped ends up, in a ring around the rim of a 8 1/2 inch springform pan.
- 8Spread the remaining chocolate cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Spread reserved plain cheese mixture evenly on top. Top with dabs of the reserved 1/2 cup of the chocolate cheese mixture. Swirl with a knife to create marbled effect.
- 9Chill for at least 4 hours.
- 10Garnish, if desired, with chocolate curls or whole blanched almonds. Let your imagination take you away!
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Bake Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.7
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 137.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
amaretti di saronno cookies