Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Family Circle Magazine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups low-fat granola (not cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- Combine brown sugar, honey, vanilla and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower heat and then simmer for 2 more minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the granola, coconut, raisins, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and almonds in a large bowl.
- Stir the brown sugar mixture into the granola mixture. Spread out in a 13x9 baking pan. Press the remaining chocolate chips on the top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into 36 bars.
The texture of these is great but they are really sweet.