Recipe by Chemaine
My mom gave me this recipe. I remember her making it. Now when we go to visit friends, they beg us to bring our cheesecake. All my kids and husband can make this recipe. You can also make this lighter by using light cream cheese, light whipped topping and light pie filling.
Top Review by Tanya Pants
Wow was this ever tasty and so easy to make - I also love the fact that it's no bake so you can make it while other things are in the oven. I offered warm raspberry sauce, chocolate sauce, and butterscotch sauce to my guests and served with several other topping ready desserts.
- 1 graham cracker crust (you can use the nilla crust or cookie crust too)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip (if you use the red label you may need just a little more)
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling (or another fruit, I prefer Comstock brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- IMPORTANT FIRST STEP, really take the time to do this well -- mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. This should take a while if you do it right. Use the back of the spoon and push the powdered sugar into the cream cheese. This is going to break down the cream cheese and make it a smooth texture. Do not continue until all powdered sugar is mix and the cream cheese is really smooth.
- Add Cool whip, and put into pie crust.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add pie filling topping and chill again (with top on) so syrup gets fuller and is easier to cut.