Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from GE. I changed it a little bit since I'm diabetic. Their recipe called for confectioners sugar, sweetened coconut and candied cherries. I opted for Splenda, unsweetened coconut and no sugar added dried cherries to keep the carbs lower.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup dried tart cherry, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Beat butter, Splenda and cornstarch together until creamy.
- Add vanilla, cherries and coconut and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll into pecans. Store in the refrigerator.
This is a very good no-bake cookie. I used erythritol which is a little less sweet than sugar (or splenda, I guess) which was good. Next time I'll use only half the amount of sweetener - personal preference, I don't like it really sweet. DH liked them the way they are, though. Anyway I'm looking forward to making them again, and I'll try them with dried cranberries, too. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.