Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great cherry chocolate mix. Another favorite of my family straight from Hershey's.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen loaf poundcake, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup Hersheys cocoa powder or 1⁄3 cup hershey european style cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (3 1/2 cups)
- Slice pound cake horizontally into three layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate; top with half the pie filling; using mostly cherries.
- Repeat with middle cake layer and remaining pie filling; place rounded layer on top.
- Cover; refrigerate several hours.
- Sift cocoa and powdered sugar onto whipped topping; stir until mixture is blended and smooth.
- Immediately spread over top and sides of cake, covering completely.
- Refrigerate leftover shortcake.