Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Grandma B. I am especially amused when I take it to a pot luck and people think I bought it because I can top it with the neat cover the ready-made crust comes with! Very easy! Be sure to chill well for a firm cheesecake.
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 226.79 g container frozen dessert topping (, Cool Whip)
- 538.64 g can cherry pie filling (Comstock)
- Blend cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in frozen dessert topping.
- Press into graham cracker crust, spreading cream cheese mixture up sides.
- Bottom will be covered and there will be a ring of cream cheese mixture about 1 inch wide around pie.
- Pour cherry pie filling into center.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
My whole family loved this recipe and even the extre large crust left no leftovers! This was quick to make and didnt require many ingredients, this is definitely a make again.
I use 1/4 cup powdered sugar instead of regular sugar and it keeps the cheesecake from being grainy. I use thawed Cool Whip and mix it with the sugar first before adding the cream cheese. I also fill the pie crust evenly rather than make a crater in the center. Pie filling on top is just fine and the pieces don't look like half of the cheesecake is missing. Always a hit at social gatherings! Good recipe.
This was very delicious and exceptionally easy to make. I believe I made this in about 10 minutes. I also made a lower calorie version using reduced calorie cream cheese ans Splenda and it was still just as good. definitely 5 stars!