Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
tasty little bites of maraschino cherry and coconut...
- 42 maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 3⁄4 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut (finely shredded or grated)
- Dry the cherries on paper towel.
- Cream the butter and gradually mix in the icing sugar and orange juice.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Note: this mixture will be soft.
- Roll a small portion of the coconut mixture evenly around each cherry and then roll in graham wafer crumbs.
- Place on wax paper and keep cool.
My mother made these when I was a child. I now get requests for them every Christmas. Very rich. My mother (and I) used a bit of the drained cherry juice, rather than orange juice.