Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This a no bake cheesecake i found in one of my old cookbooks I personally think it's good.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- First of all leave the cream cheese to cool at room temperature
- Then later put the cream cheese, sweetened, condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla into a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Then, refrigerate it for about 3 hours.
- You can add fruit on the top for a strawberry cheesecake.
- Or you could make a chocolate marble cheesecake by using a chocolate cookie crust. Before refrigerating it, drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the pie and then run a butter knife through. This will give it a marbleized look.
- Whichever way, serve and enjoy!
finally, the recipe I was looking for. My mom always used this recipe when I was growing up and some members of my family still insist on it. I like that it can be used as a cake filling since it is no-bake. We used it once between four half-inch layers of carrot cake and it was yummy. We added extra lemon juice to make the filling thick enough to hold up to the weight of the cake, which did add a strong (but yummy) lemon flavor to the finished cake.