Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family has been making this recipe for a while and so did my husband's family so it brings back happy memories.
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed graham wafers
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 package Dream Whip
- cherry pie filling
- Mix graham wafers, sugar and butter to form the crust.
- Whip dream whip until stiff.
- Fold in sugar and cream cheese.
- Whip mixture again and place on top of crust.
- Place pie filling on top of the filling.
- Place in fridge and chill.
really easy to make and good too. i used nutrasweet as a sub for the sugar. and i didnt add much. it was still good. mom loved it.
I tried this a few weeks back, because I was looking for something on the lines of this recipe, but found it not to be what I was looking for. Although I never found the recipe I wanted, I found a new favorite recipe that I will continue to make. I am a sucker for oven baked cheescake, which I rather have over non-baked, but with hot summer days, this will be a keeper. Thanks for sharing your memories with me.
Very simple to make - way too sweet for my taste. If I make this again, I will probably cut the sugar in half. I used chocolate graham crackers and added some vanilla to the filling.