Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light and fluffy cheesecake that has been in our family since I was a kid. My mom used to take this to all the family get togethers.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup ReaLemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 13 ounces chilled evaporated milk
- graham cracker crust (for 9 x 13 pan or 2 pie pans)
- Before you begin, make sure you let the cream cheese soften and chill a large bowl, the beaters to your mixer, and the evaporated milk in the freezer.
- In small mixing bowl combine the Jello, Reallemon and boiling water.
- Set aside to cool.
- In medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and sugar.
- Whip with fork until fluffy.
- Set aside.
- In the chilled large bowl beat the evaporated milk until thick with mixer.
- At low speed add the Jello mix and then the cream cheese mix.
- Pour into 9 x 13 graham cracker crust or 2 9" pie crusts.
i saved this recipe and my husband ended up making it. it turned out great in spite of that! definitely an easy great tasting recipe.
This is my favorite cheesecake recipe. My grandmother has been making this for years and I have very fond memories when I taste it. I was craving it and I couldn't find my recipe. I was so upset. I logged on to Zaar and here it was. I was relieved! This is a wonderful, light, and easy cheesecake. Very non-traditional but so yummy. The lemon flavor is just right and compliments a dollup of cherry pie filling on top. Thank you so much for saving the day!!!