Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
So easy and I can bet they will be gone as soon as you put them out.
- 6 cups special k corn flakes cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Place cereal in large heatproof bowl,set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the peanut butter,corn syrup, and sugar.Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.Pour over cereal and coat well.
- Spread into a Greased 13*9*2 pan.
- Melt Milk choc. and butterscotch chips,stir until smooth.Spread over bars.
- I have used this using rice krispies also.What I do is put them in the refrig to help them set faster but you do not have to do that.
I used the proportions of peanut butter, corn syrup, and sugar to make bars out of different cereal. (I used 3/4 rice krispies and 1/4 cheerios as I'm trying to clean out.) I did not have any chocolate or buterscotch chips so I left them off. Makes a nice bar though. Thanks.
As Kim said these so so good and they were easy. Family wants another batch.