Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Normally I hate carob, but I LOVE these cookies. Plus I can share with my dogs since they're chocolate free!
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons carob powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups rolled instant oats
- Mix all ingredients except oats in small saucepan and boil for one minute.
- Add boiled mixture to oats and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons on wax paper & let cool.
This recipe is extremely sweet tasting. Maybe too sweet for some. I got 25 cookies out of a recipe modified for 16 using a measuring tablespoon for a scoop. When the mixture came to a boil I had to turn down the heat and stir constantly to keep it from burning on the bottom of my saucepan. I had to incorporate the boiled mixture quite quickly with the oats. This is normal for this type of recipe, but new cooks may not know about it.