Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this for a work morning tea and it was gone in minutes. This is quick and easy to make and tastes great. The cooking time is the refridgeration time. I microwave the chocolate just to cut the cooking time down. This originally came from a Family Circle magazine.
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 120 g dried apricots, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sultana
- 150 g toasted sliced almonds
- 400 g chocolate-covered caramel candies
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- Line a 20cm x 30cm slab pan with non-stick baking paper, leaving 2cm overhanging each side.
- Combine rice bubbles, apricots, sultanas and almond in a large bowl.
- Place the caramello chocolate and cream in a saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Stir through the rice bubble mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly to smooth the surface.
- Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until firm.
- Put white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring, until melted.
- Place white chocolate into a small plastic'Glad' sandwich bag, snip off a small piece of one of the bottom corners- drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the slice.
- Leave for approximately 5 minutes, until set, using the overhanding paper remove from the pan.
- Cut into squares.