Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
easy to make, no-bake caramel popcorn!! even kids can make it! takes less than 15 mins
- 1 (4 ounce) bag microwave popcorn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Pop the microwave popcorn and set aside in a pan or bowl lined with wax paper.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and salt together in a saucepan.
- Heat until completely melted.
- Pour over popped corn immediately.
- May be eaten warm or cool.
So easy and good! I omit the extra salt and throw in a handful (or two) of salted peanuts. My kids ask for this all the time!
Perfect for what I was looking for! I wanted caramel corn NOW not in an hour or two!! My family gobbled up the whole bowl so fast I had to make another!! If you are looking for a quick easy way to get a caramel corn fix, this is the way to do it!! Thanks!!
I've made this twice now. The first time I followed the recipe as written, the second time I added a splash of vanilla extract after I removed it from the stove. I liked the second version slightly better. As for the recipe itself....I thought it was decent, esp. for what it bills itself as (easy, few ingredients, no cooking). I will keep it around for those nights I want some but don't want to do it the 'old-fashioned way'. My standard, though, will be the other way.