Recipe by newmama
A better choice for a sweet treat. Fr gluten free sub crispy rice cereal for oats and use gf chocolate chips. For peanut free use sunbutter or other nut butter. For dairy free use a dairy free chocolate chip. May use 1 1/4 c chocolate chips and skip cacao, or use cocoa powder. Sweetened or unsweetened coconut can be used, same with commercial or natural peanut butter. Adjust sweetness by using these to your liking.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned, not instant)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 -4 tablespoons cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat honey, peanut butter and coconut oil on the stove until smooth and liquid.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cacao until smooth.
- Stir in oats and coconut, spread into an 8x8 pan or 9x13 for a very thin bar. Refrigerate Neil form, cut into bars or squares.
- Stor in fridge or freezer.