Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
A family favorite. Most people make these with cocoa, but I think they are better without. Make sure to boil for 3 minutes, the cookies will not harden if they are not boiled long enough.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut the butter into small slices, so it will melt faster.
- In a large pot, bring the milk, butter, and sugar to a boil. Boil uncovered for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and add the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Drop large spoonfulls onto wax paper.
- Allow to harden and enjoy!