Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another recipe from Sharon The Rocket's cookbook she gave me from Missouri.
Make and share this No Bake Candy Bar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (9 oz)
- 1 (16 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 lb icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Line 9x13 pan with wax paper. Melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter in double boiler. Pour 1/2 the mixture in pan. Spread out thinly. Refrigerate till set. Beat sugar, margarine, milk and dry pudding together till blended. Spread on chocolate layer. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Add peanuts to remaining chocolate mixture. Spread evenly over sugar layer. (If chocolate is too thick, return to doble boiler or microwave) refrigerate 2 hrs or overnight. Cut in 1" squares. Store in airtight container.
- Time indicated is chill time.
I am not sure if I did something wrong but this basically turned out to be a hot mess. I needed to bake treats for a bake sale and my oven broke! I was searching for easy no bake recipes and found this. It was easy to follow and make but even after freezing over night the filling was way too soft. Maybe more instant pudding would have helped? When I went to cut the treats the filling was so soft that it oozed everywhere. Maybe I cut them wrong? I pulled them out of the freezer and cut them right away with a hot knife. Because the knife was hot I didn't have to press very hard to get through the chocolate layer but the filling was still everywhere. They did taste good so I bagged them and will put them in kids lunches this week but they looked way to janky to use for the bake sale.