Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I loved these as a kid, brings back such great memories. A great recipe that requires no baking and ends up tasting like what a Reese’s cup aspires to be – When I saw it posted on Face Book new I had to save it. Cook time is cooling time. I've had to guess at serving size as it depends on how you cut it, but they are rich.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine, whatever you have)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed (light or dark, again whatever you have)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave until butter and peanut butter are melted, one to two minutes (time will vary by microwave).
- Remove from microwave and use a large spoon to stir all of the ingredients together until they form a ball of dough that leaves the side of the bowl.
- Pat into a 9x13 pan.
- Pour chocolate chips into another microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until completely melted. Spoon over top of peanut butter mixture and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature until chocolate hardens again or place in the refrigerator for faster hardening.
- Cut into squares and serve to some awfully happy people!