Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this out of a special holiday section of the newspaper, submitted by Sandy Robbins from Topeka, KS. Chilling time counts as baking time.
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat well.
- Add water, vanilla and oats.
- Blend well and chill.
- Shape dough into small balls.
- Roll them into chopped nuts, colored sugar, chocolate or coconut.
- Decorate with gumdrops, candied cherries, chocolate chips, red hots or pecans.
- Store in the refrigerator.