Recipe by Gina Farina
This is my lazy version of bruschetta: all the flavor but less work. Fresh roma tomatoes are best but I often use canned diced (fire roasted) ones in the winter months. I like to make this in advance so that the flavors blend. Best if served at room temperature.
- 15 roma tomatoes, diced or 45 ounces canned diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained well and chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, drained well and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 -8 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and basil. Mix well.
- Add the olive oil and mix well again.
- Add the tomatoes and blend all ingredients
- Add the parmesan cheese. Taste for salt, make flavor adjustments.
- Spoon onto Melba Toast and enjoy.