Recipe by Mirj
This one really came in handy when my oven died a few years ago, after 15 years of faithful service!
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons evaporated milk
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate chips and 1 cup evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan; cook over low heat until chips melt, stirring occasionally.
- Set chocolate mixture aside.
- Combine wafer crumbs and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir until blended.
- Set 1/2 cup chocolate mixture aside.
- Stir remaining chocolate mixture into crumb mixture.
- Press into a well greased 9-inch square pan.
- Combine reserved 1/2 cup chocolate mixture and 2 teaspoons evaporated milk; spread over crumb mixture.
- Cut into squares.