Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
So easy and so yummy! (And mostly healthy too!) You can substitute honey for the corn syrup if you'd like. I've never tried that, because I've heard it makes them almost too sweet. This recipe can be easily adapted to accomodate the addition of wheat germ, flax seed or oatmeal for part of the crushed corn flakes and miniature chocolate chips can be added too if you'd like! These are deliciously chewy and crunchy - perfect for breakfast on the go or a snack anytime of the day!
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup instant non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely crushed corn flakes cereal
- Heat corn syrup (or honey) and peanut butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in dry milk.
- Fold in cereal and raisins.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper to form mounds.
- Cool to room temperature; Store in refrigerator.
These are awesome!! For the cereal I used corn chex, rice krispies, and oatmeal (trying to use up the ends of the cereal boxes!!) and they turned out great. I made them to have for breakfast, but I might have to have another as a snack!!
We have made these with both honey and corn syrup. It tastes great either way. We have never had corn flakes so we have used Chex cereal or what ever was open in the cupboard. My daughter decided that she doesn't like raisins anymore, so we have made them with and without the raisins. A great anytime cookie.