Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 mins
Made with Shredded Wheat, these cookies are perfect for Spring!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄8 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 -4 original shredded wheat biscuits, smashed (About 2 cups)
- 24 jelly beans
- Combine butter, peanut butter, cocoa, milk, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the mixture has reached a soft boil, stir in sugar.
- Stir the boiling mixture for 1 minute, to ensure sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and stir in Shredded Wheat. Eyeball the amount, and adjust until you reach the desired consistency. In order to form the nests, it will need to be shapeable.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter on a sheet pan lined with wax paper, shape the nests, making a hole in the center for the "eggs". Gently press the 2-3 jellybeans in the nest.
- Refrigerate the cookies for at least 2 hours before serving. After this time they can be left in the fridge, or stored at room temperature in airtight containers.