Recipe by Aroostook
My neighbor gave me this recipe. She found it on a Dole website. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds tasty!
Top Review by MA HIKER
These taste delicious! My only criticism is that the oat layers are very crumbly and not very flavorful. I would perhaps try adding a bit of brown sugar when I melt the butter to see if that helps it adhere better and have a nicer taste. The banana PB fudge layer has a lot of wonderful taste which does balance out the oats layer. Thanks for the post.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml margarine
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 591.47 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chopped banana (1-1/4 cups).
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; stir in vanilla.
- Add oats and brown sugar.
- Heat and stir 5 minutes.
- Set aside 3/4 cup oat mixture.
- Press remaining oat mixture into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle banana over crust.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over low heat.
- Pour and spread over banana.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture; press down lightly.
- Chill 2 hours before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.