Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My neighbor gave me this recipe. She found it on a Dole website. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds tasty!
- Finely chopped banana (1-1/4 cups).
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; stir in vanilla.
- Add oats and brown sugar.
- Heat and stir 5 minutes.
- Set aside 3/4 cup oat mixture.
- Press remaining oat mixture into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle banana over crust.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over low heat.
- Pour and spread over banana.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture; press down lightly.
- Chill 2 hours before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.
These taste delicious! My only criticism is that the oat layers are very crumbly and not very flavorful. I would perhaps try adding a bit of brown sugar when I melt the butter to see if that helps it adhere better and have a nicer taste. The banana PB fudge layer has a lot of wonderful taste which does balance out the oats layer. Thanks for the post.