Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was given to me by my friend Jane about 20 years ago. Sweet and spicy. They are a staple at our cookouts or perfect in the winter. Just add franks for a hearty comfort meal.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 (15 ounce) canscampbells pork and beans (remove fat pieces)
- fry the bacon in large heavy frying pan with the onions.
- When bacon crisp and onions tender, add brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard.
- stir until mixture has syrupy consistency.
- Add canned beans and stir.
- Lower heat and allow to simmer about 20 to 30 mins.
We loved this recipe, easy, fast and very delicious. Mary in OR